Sunday, September 12, 2010

Book-A-Day Challenge Week 12

Though the Book-A-Day Challenge started by Donalyn Miller, The Book Whisperer, officially ended for me last week, I a continuing with the weekly post to share what I am reading.


Picture Books:

Zen Ghost by John J. Muth - This beautifully illustrated story can be adapted for all ages.  Check out my review here.

Middle Grade:

Graphic Novel:
The Cloud Searchers (Amulet #3) by Kazu Kibuishi - This was recently released and my niece and I have been waiting to read it.  We nearly wrestled for it. Fourth and Fifth graders will love this series.

Early Chapter Book:
Betsy-Tacy (Betsy-Tacy book 1) by Maud Lovelace Hart - Not sure how I missed this series as a child but fans of Anne of Green Gables and Little House on the Prairie will love this series about two friends named Betsy and Tacy. 

Novel In Verse:
All The Broken Pieces by Ann E. Berg - I am learning to appreciate novels written in verse.  This is one that I would highly recommend.  It tells the story of Matt, who was airlifted out of Vietnam during the war. 

YA:
Unnamed Manuscript - Well it actually has a name but I can't reveal it yet but it will be out in 2 years.

So what are you reading?  Love to learn about new books.