Sunday, November 21, 2010

Time to Plan for the 2011 Debut Author Challenge


NoteI have update this list on 1/5/11.

I participated for the first time in The Story Siren's Debut Author Challenge this year and was exposed to so many wonderful new books.  I have read over 14 debut novels and I am still reading.   There are still six more weeks in 2010 so I am certain I can get up to 20 debut author books.

Of course, it is time to start thinking about 2011 and the upcoming Debut Author Challenge and all the new and exciting books out there.  As I was reviewing the list Kristi (The Story Siren) had composed, I realized that some of these books have been on my to read list for what has seemed like a year or more. It is fun to actually see the covers for these much anticipated books.

Here are some books that I am excited about reading in 2011:

January
Unearthly by Cynthia Hand
XVI by Julia Karr
Vespers (Deviants #1) by Jeff Sampson 
Enclave by Ann Aguire
February
Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulten
Iron Witch by Karen Mahoney
The Iron Thorn by Caitlin Kittredge

March
Clarity by Kim Harrington
Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys

April
Kat the Incorrigible by Stephanie Burgis
The Year We Were Famous by Carol Estby Dagg

May
Hourglass by Myra McEntire
Divergent by Veronic Roth
Awaken by Katie Kacvinsky
The Pull of Gravity by Gae Polisner
The Rotten Adventures of Zachary Ruthless by Allan Woodrow

June
Luminous by Dawn Metcalf

July
Vanished by Sheela Chari
Lost Voices by Sarah Porter

August
The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab

September
Witch Eyes by Scott Tracy
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
Anna Dressed In Blood by Kendare Blake

October 
Ashfall by Mike Mullin


November to December
Still To Be Added


Please note that this list will be edited and updated as I identify more books that I would like to read.  If you are a Middle Grade Author with a debut book, I would love to know about it.