Monday, November 28, 2011

It's Monday? What Are You Reading? From Picture Books to YA

It's Monday! What are you reading? is hosted by Sheila of Book Journey.  Jen & Kellee from 
Teach Mentor Texts have adapted this to focus on Picture Books to Young Adult Books.
Each week I'll recap what I've read/reviewed the week before 
and then look ahead to what I am planning on reading/reviewing in the upcoming week.

Last week's Book Adventures:
I had fun going through numerous picture books this past week.  My favorite of the week was Heart and Soul by Kadir Nelson.  The book is beautifully illustrated and the audiobook is superbly narrated by Debbie Allen.  It is best to pair the two together.  Check out my review here.




Upcoming Book Adventures:
I picked up a bunch of books at one of my favorite Indie Bookstores - Mrs. Nelson's Bookstore in LaVerne, CA.  All of these have come highly recommended and very eager to dive into them.





So, what are you reading this week? 
Please share! And remember to check in at Sheila's or Jen & Kellee's blog to see what they and others are reading!