Monday, October 22, 2012

It's Monday! What are you reading? From Picture Books to YA (43)

It's Monday! What are you reading? is hosted by Sheila of Book Journey. Jen & Kellee from Teach Mentor Texts have adapted this to focus on Picture Books to Young Adult Books.

You may have noticed that the blog was quiet last week.  I needed sometime to just step back and breathe.  As I was speaking with Donalyn Miller (@donalynbooks on twitter) this weekend, I realized that I am sort of feeling like I am in that first year or teaching or first year of being a principal again.  In August, I transitioned out of my position as an Elementary Principal and into a position doing Program Support for Instructional Services.  Basically what it means is that I wear a lot of hats.  Some of those hats are very comfortable and I feel confident in what I am doing.  Other hats are requiring that I learn some new skills.  Mix all of that together and I am finding that I am still learning the rhythm for my new position.  Additionally, my reading life is somewhat topsy turvy.

But here are a few title from my recent reading endeavors:


Pete the Cat Saves Christmas by Eric Litwin; Illustrated by James Dean - Who doesn't love Pete the Cat?

The Official Book Trailer for Pete the Cat Saves Christmas:





Batman Classic: Batman versus Man-Bat (I Can Read! 2 book) by J.E. Bright: Illustrated by Steven E. Gordon, Eric A. Gordon - I was just curious to see what an I Can Read version of Batman would be like. I kept thinking that with different formatting this would work well for older kids who were struggling to read.


Temple Grandin: How the Girl Who Loved Cows Embraced Autism and Changed the World by Temple Grandin, Sy Montgomery - As part of my goal to read more nonfiction, I picked up Temple Grandin's book.  This biography has lots on Grandin, her work, and about living with autism.


A Thunderous Whisper by Christina Diaz Gonzalez - If you haven't read anything by Christina Diaz Gonzalez, then you should.  I am now looking forward to whatever book she writes next.

What I am currently reading:


After seeing the movie version of Perks of Being a Wallflower, I started to read the book written by Stephen Chbosky.

Official Movie Trailer:


So what are you reading this week?