Monday, January 14, 2013

It's Monday! What are you reading? From Picture Books to YA - 1/14/13



It's Monday! What are you reading? is hosted by Sheila of Book Journey. Jen & Kellee from Teach Mentor Texts have adapted this to focus on Picture Books to Young Adult Books.

Yes, I got this post in while it is still Monday!  Better late than never.  I have been doing a lot of re-reading lately so I'll just share some favorite new reads of 2013.
 

Extreme Babymouse by Jennifer L. Holm and Matt Holm (Random House)


The Dark by Lemony Snicket; Illustrated by Jon Klassen (Little, Brown Books - releases 4/13)


The Yuckiest, Stinkiest, Best Valentine Ever by Brenda Ferber; Illustrated by Tedd Arnold (Dial Books for Young Children) - Just a fun Valentine picture book with characteristic Tedd Arnold illustrations.


Brave Girl: Clara and the Shirtwaist Makers' Strike of 1909 by Michelle Markel; Illustrated by Melissa Sweet (Balzer & Bray)- I read this book for the Nonfiction Picture Book 2013 challenge.  I loved Sweet's illustrations.


I am hoping to get to Navigating Early by Claire Vanderpool (Delacorte Books for Young Children) - I have heard so many good things about this one.

So what are you reading?