Monday, September 24, 2012

It's Monday! What are you reading? From Picture Books to YA (40)


It's Monday! What are you reading? is hosted by Sheila of Book Journey. Jen & Kellee from Teach Mentor Texts have adapted this to focus on Picture Books to Young Adult Books.

September has been filled with wonderful author events on the weekends which has been a mixed blessing.  On the one hand, I love meeting authors and talking books with other book lovers.  On the other hand, no time for reading.

This weekend Bridge to Books worked with Barnes & Noble in Glendale to host the YA Rising Stars Event.  I got to hang with Jesse Andrews, Kathy McCullough, Lissa Price, Sherry Shahan, Ann Stampler, Lisa M. Stasse, Carol Tanzman, and Allen Zadoff. 


Can I count this as part of my "What are you reading?"  :-)

Here are some of the things that jumped out over the past week:

From the stack of picture books this week, I only have two that I want to share.


The Quiet Place by Sarah Stewart; Illustrated by David Small

And one more that you will have to wait until Nonfiction Picture Book Wednesday to find out what book was a WOW for me!

So what are you reading?