Monday, January 6, 2014

It's Monday! What are you reading? From Picture Books to YA - 1/6/14

It's Monday! What are you reading? is hosted by Sheila of Book Journey.  Jen from Teach Mentor Texts and Kellee and Ricki from Unleashing Readers have adapted it to focus on Picture Books to Young Adult Books.

My second week of winter break found me reading & re-reading a stack of books for the award committee, but I did get a chance to read several nonfiction picture books (check in on Wednesday for some of those books) and below for the other books that popped out of the stack.

Here's what jumped out of the stack this past week...


Aphrodite: Goddess of Love (Olympians #6) by George O'Connor (:01/First Second, December 31, 2013) - I love this series, and have waited so long for this one and it was over so soon.  Will need to read this one again.


Violet Mackerel's Natural Habitat by Anna Branford (Atheneum Books for Young Readers, May 21, 2013) - This was a new chapter book series for me.


Arnie the Doughnut by Laurie Keller (Henry Holt, 2003) - I figured I should read this one before reading Bowling Alley Bandit.  It was fun.


The Life of Ty: Penguin Problems by Lauren Myracle; Illustrated by Jed Henry (Dutton Juvenile, May 2, 2013) - This is a spin-off from Myracle's The Winne Years.  For fans of Stink (which is a spin-off of Judy Moody).

So, what are you reading?