Monday, February 3, 2014

It's Monday! What are you reading? From Picture Books to YA - 2/3/14


It's Monday! What are you reading? is hosted by Sheila of Book Journey.  Jen from Teach Mentor Texts and Kellee and Ricki from Unleashing Readers have adapted it to focus on Picture Books to Young Adult Books.

Recently, I did a lot of picture book reading but I decided to only post my favorites from the pile.  There are a couple that I will post on Wednesday for Nonfiction Picture Book Wednesday.   

Here is what jumped out of the pile...


Benjamin Bear in Bright Ideas (Toon Books Level 2) by Philippe Coudray (Toon Books, March 26, 2013) - This was a fun read. I love Toon Books and how they have created a graphic novel format for beginning readers.



Eat Like a Bear by April Pulley Sayre; Illustrated by Steve Jenkins (Henry Holt and Co., October 22, 2013) - I finally found this one.  Jenkins illustrations are wonderful.  Children learn about the seasonal needs of bears.



Come Back, Ben (I like to Read #174) by Ann Hassett, John Hassett (Holiday House, July 1, 2013) - This fun picture book/early reader show Ben going on an adventure while hanging from a balloon.  Loved the ending.


Run, Dog! by Cécile Boyer (Chronicle Books, March 11, 2014) - Add this to your TBR pile for March.  I love this very creative and artistic, nearly wordless story about a dog and a ball.



We're Going to the Farmer's Market by Stefan Page (Chronicle Books, March 4, 2014) - This Board Book comes out in March and takes young readers on a visit to a farmer's market.


I Didn't Do My Homework Because... by Benjamin Chaud; Illustrated by Davide Cali (Chronicle Books, March 4, 2014) - A very funny book on excuses for not doing homework coming in March from Chronicle.

So, what are you reading?