Monday, January 9, 2012

It's Monday! What are you reading? From Picture Books to YA (7)


It's Monday! What are you reading? is hosted by Sheila of Book Journey.  Jen & Kellee from 
Teach Mentor Texts have adapted this to focus on Picture Books to Young Adult Books.

Each week I'll recap what I've read/reviewed the week before 
and then look ahead to what I am planning on reading/reviewing in the upcoming week. 

Last week's book adventures:
During the second week of my winter break, I tried to get as much reading in as possible.  I managed to squeeze in nearly 50 books.  

Here are three novels that I finally read.  They have been getting tons of buzz and after reading them I can see why.  All are excellent books in very different ways. 




After reading three fairly serious books, I needed to take a break.  Here is an early chapter book that was a lot of fun to read:

And here are several picture books that I really enjoyed:





Upcoming book adventures:
My goal this week is to find non-fiction books that have been released in the first two weeks of 2012.  Check in on Wednesday to see what one's I have found.

So, what are you reading this week? 

Please share! And remember to check in at Sheila's or Jen & Kellee's blog to see what they and others are reading!