Monday, February 27, 2012

What are you reading? From Picture Books to YA (13)

It's Monday! What are you reading? is hosted by Sheila of Book Journey.  Jen & Kellee from 
Teach Mentor Texts have adapted this to focus on Picture Books to Young Adult Books.
Each week I'll recap what I've read/reviewed the week before 
and then look ahead to what I am planning on reading/reviewing in the upcoming week.
 
Last week's book adventures:
Just as I thought I was getting back into a steady reading groove, I had one of those weeks where I wasn't home most evenings.  This led to a pretty nominal reading week (1 YA, 1 early chapter book, 1 early reader, and 5 picture books).  I find I get cranky when I don't have time to read.  It probably has more to do with not having time to recharge, but reading is one of the ways I recharge.  I did have a great week in terms of books and author encounters.  I am working on some posts about the fabulous Katherine Applegate's visit to my school, the Breathless Reads Tour that stopped by Once Upon a Time, and also the wonderful SCIBA Dinner
 
Here are my favorites from the past week:


The Amazing Adventures of Supercat! by Kate McMuller; Illustrated by Pascal Lemaitre


The Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare

I am saving one of the books for Nonfiction Picture Book Wednesday so I won't mention it yet.

Upcoming book adventures:



Timeless by Gail Carriger - If I read nothing else this week, I am going to read this book.  It is on my must read list and it comes out on Thursday.  I am addicted to Carriger's Steampunk Paranormal Series.  I admit that it is complete cotton candy reading fun, but sometimes that is the best kind of book.  Timeless is the final book in the series and I just can't wait to read it.


So, what are you reading this week? 

Please share! And remember to check in at Sheila's or Jen & Kellee's blog to see what they and others are reading!