Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Nonfiction Picture Book Releases - May - July 2012

The Nonfiction Detectives and I are hosting a Non-Fiction Picture Book Challenge.  My goal has been to kick off the month with the new nonfiction picture book release titles.  As I was going through books that I have found, I added titles from May and June that I had not previously posted.  Additionally, I am looking for more July titles.  I am quite certain that there are more nonfiction picture books being release than the one I have noted.  

May 8, 2012
Suriya Swims! The True Story of How an Orangutan Learned to Swim by Bhagavan Antle; Thea Feldman; Illustrated by Barry Bland

May 15, 2012
Big Cats: In Search of Lions, Leopards, Cheetahs, and Tigers by Steve Bloom

May 22, 2012
Bon Apetit! The Delicious Life of Julia Child by Jessie Hartland

How Things Work in the House by Lisa Campbell Ernst

Robin, Where are You? by Harriet Ziefert; Illustrated by Noah Woods

June 1, 2012
George Bellows: Painter with a Punch! by Robert Burleigh; Illustrated by George Bellows

June 12, 2012
I, Galileo by Bonnie Christensen

June 19, 2012
Martin de Porres: The Rose in the Dessert by Gary D. Schmidt; Illustrated by David Diaz

July 17, 2012
Timeless Thomas: How Thomas Edison Changed Our Lives by Gene Barretta

The links for the above books will take you directly to the IndieBound.org book page for purchasing information, unless otherwise noted.  Please note, I do not make anything off these links or profit in anyway from posting the links.   I know that I am still searching for May releases and will likely do a Part II update. If you know of a book that should be included in this list, please include the title and author in the comments section and I will update the list. 

Feel free to link your nonfiction picture book reviews to the Mr. Linky below.