Monday, August 27, 2012

It's Monday! What are you reading? From Picture Books to YA (37)

It's Monday! What are you reading? is hosted by Sheila of Book Journey. Jen & Kellee from Teach Mentor Texts have adapted this to focus on Picture Books to Young Adult Books.

I had a very slow reading week with the start of school this past week.  I had a number of late evenings and just did not get any real reading time.  I have also held off on a book so that I can add it to my Wednesday Nonfiction Picture Book post. 

Here are a couple of highlights from the past week:


Raining Cats and Detectives (Guinea Pig, Pet Shop Private Eye) by Colleen AF Venable - I checked out the Advanced Reader's Copy of the 5th book in Colleen AF Venable's Guinea Pig, Pet Shop Private Eye series.  I haven't read the first books in this series, but now I want to read them.  I think my students will enjoy this early middle grade graphic novel series.


Chuck Close: Face Book by Francoise Mouly - This middle grade nonfiction book focuses on the artist Chuck Close.  Through a series of Questions and Answers, the reader finds out about Close's life and how he creates his art.  Fascinating.


One for the Murphys by Lynda Mullaly Hunt - Check out my review of this tomorrow. 

So what are you reading this week?