Monday, September 9, 2013

It's Monday! What are you reading? From Picture Books to Young Adult - 9/9/13

It's Monday! What are you reading? is hosted by Sheila of Book Journey.  Jen from Teach Mentor Texts and Kellee from Unleashing Readers have adapted it to focus on Picture Books to Young Adult Books.

The two classes that I was taking this summer are finally over.  Things are settling in at work.  And I am slowly getting back into a regular reading pattern.  Here is what jumped out from this week's pile.


Bluffton: My Summers With Buster Keaton by Matt Phelan (Candlewick Press, July 23, 2013) - This was a wonderful biographical/historical fiction story featuring Buster Keaton as a boy.  It is one of my favorites from Matt Phelan.  And it made me want to go out and read a biography on Keaton.


Journey by Aaron Becker (Candlewick Press, August 6, 2013) - This wordless picture book is beautiful and one of my favorites of this year's releases. 


Thomas Jefferson Builds a Library by Barb Rosenstock; Illustrated by John O'Brien  (Calkins Creek Books, September 2013) - I'll be reviewing this in a couple of Wednesdays.  I learned a lot about the Library of Congress from this one.


Here Comes the Easter Cat by Deborah Underwood; Illustrated by Claudia Rueda (Dial Books for Young Readers, January 2014) - This one won't be out for a few more months, but I had a great chuckle while reading this one.


The Dangerous Alphabet by Neil Gaiman; Illustrated by Gris Grimly (HarperCollins, 2008) - I thought I knew most of Grimly's work, so I was excited to find this one.  I am a huge fan of his work and love different twists on the standard picture book.

So, what are you reading?