Monday, September 23, 2013

It's Monday! What are you reading? From Picture Books to Young Adult - 9/23/13

It's Monday! What are you reading? is hosted by Sheila of Book Journey.  Jen from Teach Mentor Texts and Kellee from Unleashing Readers have adapted it to focus on Picture Books to Young Adult Books.

Lately, getting a lot of reading in hasn't been easy.  And then there is the award reading that I can't talk about and the list of books to share looks sparse.

Here's what I read this week that I can share:


Sky Jumpers by Peggy Eddleman (Random House, September 24, 2013) - Check out the review and Giveaway here.

Watch the Official Book Trailer here:




Yaqui Delgado Wants to Kick Your Ass by Meg Medina (Candlewick, March 2013) - I read this for a book club that I attend and it was a timely read for both Banned Books Week and for National Bullying Month (October).  A powerful story that looks at the effects of bullying on one girl's life. I would love to be able to afford a stack of these and just pass them out to students.

Watch the official Book Trailer here:



So, what are you reading?