Saturday, May 31, 2014

Celebrate This Week - May 31, 2014


This year, I am trying to increase my awareness of the many good things that happen, which are frequently overlooked by me.  To help me, I am joining Ruth Ayres' Celebrate This Week.

Here's what I am thankful for this week... 

1.  My friend's first of two surgeries went well. - I have shared in some other Slice of Life posts about my friend who has undergone some very difficult surgeries this year.  For the past few months, things were settling back to normal.  Recently, he was told that he was going to need a couple of surgeries.  The first of the two was this past Wednesday.  The surgery went well and his family celebrated that he came home on Friday evening. This week he will have the second surgery. We are continuing to pray that all goes well and also for his wife and children. It's been stressful for them all though they have been hanging in there surprisingly well.

2.  The 2013-2014 school year came to an end. - This is the first year that we have finished school before June 1st (and also the first time we started so early in August).  It was an odd year for me in some ways but also wonderful in others.  I still have six more days before I am officially off for the summer so still a lot to do but I know it will be here quickly.

3.  End of the Year conversations with teachers.  - On Friday, I stopped by several classrooms to chat with teachers that I have been working with. We had some wonderful chats about the work we started this year and the work we hope to continue the next year. I am looking forward to some possible conversations over lunch this summer in between everyone's planned vacation trips. 

4. Summer Vacation and Summer Learning - I talked about my summer goals in my Slice Post this past week.  I am so excited about the various goals and activities that I have for this summer.