Monday, July 25, 2011

Bookstore Touring in Connecticut: Final Post

Over the past few days, I have gotten to visit some bookstore gems in Connecticut.  (For a complete list of Bookstores listed with the New England Independent Booksellers Association, click here.) Here are the final two stores that I had the pleasure to stop by while visiting my parents.  First up, Elm Street Books in New Canaan, Connecticut:


For all the years that I had lived in Connecticut and on the east coast, I never drove down to New Canaan, Connecticut.  This gave me a perfect excuse to go visit.  My sister and I headed down for brunch at Le Pain Quotidien. After a yummy meal, we walked a half a block to Elm Street Books.  For a small store, it has a wonderful selection of both children and adult books.  On this particular weekend morning, it was quite busy with customers browsing for books, and children searching for books for their summer reading list.


When we finished our visit to New Canaan, we headed east to visit Breakwater Books in Guilford.  


This tiny bookstore was quiet on an overcast Sunday afternoon.  The store carries both adult and children's books.  And, I was pleased to see that they had quite a few titles in their children's section including many recent releases. 


I also loved the picture book corner with it's fun steps to climb or sit on to share stories.


Hope you have enjoyed this little series on independent bookstores in Connecticut.  I know I had fun visiting all of these great places.