Sunday, July 24, 2011

Bookstore Touring in Connecticut, Part 4

Today, my tour of Independent Connecticut Bookstores continued.  I actually made it out to Madison, Connecticut which is the home of RJ Julia Bookstore. I had heard about RJ Julia on twitter and knew I wanted to make this a priority in places to visit.  Several authors have tweeted about book signings at the store.  Most recently, Stephen Savage - creator of Where's Walrus? - signed there on July 16, 2011.

There was signed stock!  WooHoo!
RJ Julia is a great place to visit.  And people obviously know this because the store had a great crowd milling about flipping through books and hanging around.  In one corner, a teen was intently reading a book.  The children's section was busy with parents and children searching out their favorite books with enthusiasm.  In another room, which appeared to be filled with travel books, customers sat in great big chairs reading. I loved all the various rooms in this store.  Oh, and if you want to grab a coffee or a quick bite to eat don't forget to stop by the café.
Children's Section - Upstairs
Really, this room had been busy seconds before.

I wish my trip would have allowed for a longer visit at this great store.  I could have hung out here for hours and plan on scheduling a longer visit when I return to Connecticut in December.  I also had a lovely chat with Liz - an employee at the store -  who chatted with me about Stephen Savage's visit, book blogging, and more.  I love friendly staff.


Next time you are traveling through Connecticut, if your trip takes you near Madison take a moment to stop in and visit RJ Julia.