Monday, December 12, 2011

It's Monday! What are you reading? From Picture Books to YA (3)

It's Monday! What are you reading? is hosted by Sheila of Book Journey.  Jen & Kellee from 

Teach Mentor Texts have adapted this to focus on Picture Books to Young Adult Books.
Each week I'll recap what I've read/reviewed the week before 
and then look ahead to what I am planning on reading/reviewing in the upcoming week.

Last week's book adventures:
In an effort to catch up with my GoodReads Reading Challenge Goal of 1200 books for 2011(I am seriously behind), I read 53 picture books and early readers.  Some were good.  Some were great.  Some just meh.  You can check out my GoodReads page if you want to check all of the titles. 

Here are some highlights...

My preschoolers loved when I read YES DAY! by Amy Krouse Rosenthal and illustrated by Tom Lichtenheld.

I loved HIPPO & RABBIT: IN THREE SHORT TALES.  They reminded me of FROG & TOAD.  


I learned quite a bit about mammals from a non-fiction early reader by Scholastic MAMMALS: TRUE & FALSE

I discovered more about the art and science of snowflakes from THE SECRET LIFE OF A SNOWFLAKE

And if all YA Contemporary Fiction could be as good as Holly Goldberg Sloan's debut novel I'LL BE THERE, I would be reading contemporary fiction all the time. 

Upcoming book adventures:

This week will likely find me reading many more picture books and early readers.  I still have 193 books to go.  But I suspect that I will be finishing up Leisl & Po and starting Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare.  


So, what are you reading this week?
Please share! And remember to check in at Sheila's or Jen & Kellee's blog to see what they and others are reading!