Saturday, December 31, 2011

San Rafael School Celebrates Books 2011

Everyone seems to do an end of the year video capturing the images of the year.  I decided to do a video thank you to all of the authors and illustrators who gave time and energy to share something of themselves and their books with the students at my school. 

As a result of these amazing authors & illustrators who have visited the school, our students are showing more and more interested in reading and books.  Thank you for being "rock stars" to children. 



Special Thank You's to:

Suzanne Santillan (Grandma's Pear Tree)
James Burks (Gabby & Gator)
Danika Dinsmore (Brigitta of the White Forest)
Bill Thomson (Chalk)
Candace Ryan (Animal House)
Kate Messner (Marty McGuire)
Jenni Holm (Turtle in Paradise)*
Riley Carney (The Fire Stone)*
Adam Jay Epstein & Andrew Jacobson (The Familiars)
Laurel Snyder (Bigger Than A Breadbox)
Peter Brown (You Will Be My Friend)
Jenny Slate & Dean Fleisher-Camp (Marcel the Shell)**
Scott Campbell (Zombie in Love)
Oliver Jeffers (Stuck)

And to our Skype friends:
@mrschureads & his students
@shannonmmiller & her students*
@akgal68 & her students*

*Unfortunately, I don't seem to have photos of these visits. I promise to do better with picture taking in 2012.   I still greatly appreciate their time & effort. 
**I couldn't seem to find a dedicated website for the book.