Monday, May 28, 2012

It's Monday! What are you reading? From Picture Books to YA (25)

It's Monday! What are you reading? is hosted by Sheila of Book Journey. Jen & Kellee from Teach Mentor Texts have adapted this to focus on Picture Books to Young Adult Books.

There is just two weeks left to the school year and then summer reading can commence.  I am eager to start on my stack for the summer.   

Here are some of my favorite reads from last week:
Don't forget to check out yesterday's Hot off the Press! post that has 4 other favorites from the past week.  Also, check back in on Wednesday for my favorite nonfiction picture books from last week.


Drink, Slay, Love by Sarah Beth Durst - My bookclub read this for our May selection.  Great cover.  A funny, fast read.  Vampires, unicorns, and high school. 


Every Cowgirl Loves a Rodeo by Rebecca Janni; Illustrated by Lynne Avril - The third book in the Every Cowgirl series and I am still liking them.  This time our cowgirl enters a rodeo; a bike rodeo.


Scribbles and Ink by Ethan Long - This cat and mouse pair don't exactly see eye to eye on what is "good art".  With the help of a colored pencil and a paint brush, our duo duels it out and eventually discovers that they may actually be good together.  Also, introduces children to several famous pieces of art.


You are My Work of Art by Sue DiCicco - This lift-a-flap board book introduces young readers to various pieces of art work.  For the format - very well done.

So, what are you reading this week?

I am going to finish up -

The Templeton Twins Have An Idea by Ellis Weiner; Illustrated by Jeremy Holmes - I didn't get to finish this mystery, adventure book yesterday but hope to finish it up today.


The Five Lives of our Cat Zook by Joanne Rocklin - I have been hesitant to read this.  I have no doubt that I will likely shed a few tears.  However, it has come highly recommended so I will do my best to finish it this week.

Let me know in the comment section what you are reading....