Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Nonfiction Picture Book Releases - May 2012


The Nonfiction Detectives and I are hosting a Non-Fiction Picture Book Challenge.  My goal has been to kick off the month with the new nonfiction picture book release titles.  Yeah, this month, I am a bit behind.  I guess better late than never.   

May 1, 2012
Ocean Sunlight: How Tiny Plants Feed the Seas by Molly Bang; Illustrated by Penny Chisholm

May 8, 2012
Paiute Princess: The Story of Sarah Winnemucca by Deborah Kogan Ray

* Show Me a Story: Why Picture Books Matter: Conversations with 21 of the World's Most Celebrated Illustrators by Leonard S. Marcus

May 10, 2012
Hanging Off Jefferson's Nose: Growing Up on Mount Rushmore by Tina Nichols Coury; Illustrated by Sally Wern Comport

May 22, 2012
Barnum's Bones: How Barnum Brown Discovered the Most Famous Dinosaur in the World by Tracey Fern; Illustrated by Boris Kulikov

The links for the above books will take you directly to the IndieBound.org book page for purchasing information, unless otherwise noted.  Please note, I do not make anything off these links or profit in anyway from posting the links.   I know that I am still searching for May releases and will likely do a Part II update. If you know of a book that should be included in this list, please include the title and author in the comments section and I will update the list. 

* Indicates Non-fiction children's books that are not specifically picture books.

Feel free to link your nonfiction picture book reviews to the Mr. Linky below.