Monday, April 22, 2013

It's Monday! What are you reading? From Picture Books to YA - 4/22/13



It's Monday! What are you reading? is hosted by Sheila of Book Journey. Jen & Kellee from Teach Mentor Texts have adapted this to focus on Picture Books to Young Adult Books.

I had a strange reading week.  I wasn't able to get to the library or to Vroman's to check out the latest picture books.  And for the first time in several years, I didn't even make it to the Los Angeles Times Festival of Books.  It was just one of those weeks.

However, I did read 3 books in the Black Dagger Brotherhood series (an adult urban fantasy/paranormal series by J.R. Ward).  I am blaming @fishgirl182 for my current addiction.  


I am very close to finishing Dare You To (Pushing the Limits #2) by Katie McGarry (Harlequin Teen, May 28, 2013 - ARC courtesy of NetGalley) - Contemporary Young Adult fiction is not my usual reading choice but I had heard good things about McGarry and thought I would give it a try.  This is definitely a book for older teens.  I'll post my review in the near future.


I am just about to start Al Capone Does My Homework by Gennifer Choldenko (Penguin, August 2013)


I am also interested in meeting Kate Atkinson this week at Vroman's and reading her new book Life After Life (Reagan Arthur Books, April 2, 2013) - The reviews for this one sounded amazing.

I am certainly looking forward to a better reading week and dying to get back to a stack of picture books.

So, what are you reading?