Monday, April 29, 2013

It's Monday! What are you reading? From Picture Books to YA - 4/29/13


It's Monday! What are you reading? is hosted by Sheila of Book Journey. Jen & Kellee from Teach Mentor Texts have adapted this to focus on Picture Books to Young Adult Books.

This past week was picture catch up week.  I read over 25 picture books.  However, it wasn't a stellar week for picture books.  There were few that jumped out of the pile and demanded my attention.  Hardly any that made me laugh or cry or feel something.  Almost none that I wanted to take home and place on a shelf.  I have made a pact with myself that I only post those that jumped out at me.  If you want to see everything check out my GoodReads list for this past week.

Here is what jumped out at me...


That is Not a Good Idea by Mo Willems (HarperCollins, April 23, 2013) - I can always count on Mo Willems to make me laugh. 


Thunderstorm by Arthur Geisert (Enchanted Lion Books, April 30, 2013) - Geisert fans will love this nearly wordless picture book about a storm.


Peanut and Fifi Have a Ball by Randall de Seve; Illustrated by Paul Schmid (Dial Books, April 18, 2013) - This one made me smile and for a week without too many reading smiles this was a lot of fun.


On a Beam of Light: A Story of Albert Einstein by Jennifer Berne (Chronicle Books, April 23, 2013) - One of the best children's picture books about Albert Einstein that I have seen.


Glasswings: A Butterfly's Story by Elisa Kleven (Dial Books, April 18, 2013) - The illustrations in this book are amazing.


Giant Dance Party by Betsy Bird; Illustrated by Brandon Dorman (HarperCollins, April 23, 2013) - Not what I expected for a first book by Betsy Bird but it is certainly fun and has a great message.

Giveaways - I am hosting several giveaways this week.  If you live in the United States or Canada, consider entering them.

BETTER NATE THAN EVER, click here


MIRA'S DIARY: HOME SWEET ROME, click here

So, what are you reading?