Monday, March 19, 2012

It's Monday! What are you reading? From Picture Books to YA (16)

It's Monday! What are you reading? is hosted by Sheila of Book Journey.  Jen & Kellee from 
Teach Mentor Texts have adapted this to focus on Picture Books to Young Adult Books.
 
Each week I'll recap what I've read/reviewed the week before 
and then look ahead to what I am planning on reading/reviewing in the upcoming week.
 
Last week's book adventures:
Two weeks ago, I read a lot but didn't enjoy that many of the books I read.  This week, I read a lot less but really liked the books that I read. 
 
Here are my favorites from the past week:
 
 
Beep and Bah by James Burks - Take one goat and a robot with a desire for adventure and a missing sock and see what happens.  This picture book with a graphic novel feel was a big hit with my first and second graders.
 
 
Dead End in Norvelt by Jack Gantos - I listened to this as an audiobook and enjoyed it very much.  Not sure what kid audience I can share it with yet, except maybe as a read aloud.  However, I would recommend the audio.
 
 
Black Hole Sun by David Macinnis Gill - If anyone is a fan of shows like Firefly, Farscape, or Andromeda, you will enjoy Gill's sci-fi dystopian novel.  Snark, action, a hot fictional guy, and a kick-butt girl.  Yep, I enjoyed this one and glad I only have to wait another week for book 2 to come out.

Nonfiction Picture Books:
Remember - Nonfiction Picture Book reviews will be posted on Wednesday (and possibly on some other days as well).


So, what are you reading this week? 

Please share! And remember to check in at Sheila's or Jen & Kellee's blog to see what they and others are reading!