Monday, March 26, 2012

It's Monday! What are you reading? From Picture Books to YA (17)

It's Monday! What are you reading? is hosted by Sheila of Book Journey.  Jen & Kellee from 

Teach Mentor Texts have adapted this to focus on Picture Books to Young Adult Books.
 
Each week I'll recap what I've read/reviewed the week before 
and then look ahead to what I am planning on reading/reviewing in the upcoming week.
 
Last week's book adventures:
This is going to be a strange variation on What are you reading? With the return of Vroman's Hot Off the Press! wall, I did a post yesterday with some of my favorite picture books.  Unfortunately I didn't have a lot of time last week to read. (I only got to a stack of picture books.)  Don't you just hate those kind of weeks?!  I know I do.  Click here to check out the Hot Off the Press! post.  So, I went through the list to see what other ones I wanted to share. 
 
Here are some additional books to add to yesterday's list
 
 
Little Bird by Germano Zullo, Illustrated by Albertine (Enchanted Lion Books,March 27, 2012)
I love this line from the book: "Because little things are not made to be noticed. They are there to be discovered."  This is one of those simple but beautifully done books that might not get a lot of attention.
 

Seeing Symmetry by Loreen Leedy (Holiday House, March 1, 2012)
I was very eager to find this book.  The book is chock full of pictures, words, information.  Even, a statement on how it meets Common Core Standards.  When I actually looked at it, I was concerned that maybe there was just a bit too much information.  Pulling things out of the book may be more helpful as a resource.  
 
So, what are you reading this week? 

This week I am finishing up two books that I started yesterday.
 
 
The Aviary by Kathleen O'Dell (Knopf Books for Young Readers, 2011)
 
 
Lucky for Good by Susan Patron, Illustrated by Erin McGuire (Atheneum, 2011)
 
 
Please share! And remember to check in at Sheila's or Jen & Kellee's blog to see what they and others are reading!