Monday, April 2, 2012

It's Monday! What are you reading? From Picture Books to YA (18)

It's Monday! What are you reading? is hosted by Sheila of Book Journey.  Jen & Kellee from 
Teach Mentor Texts have adapted this to focus on Picture Books to Young Adult Books.
 
Last week's book adventures:
I was able to squeeze in about 40 books.  Some early readers, a few graphic novels, some poetry, some nonfiction, and lots of picture books. 

Here are my favorites from the past week:

Lunch Lady and the Mutant Mathletes by Jarrett Krosoczka - My students are going to be so excited to see the latest Lunch Lady book.  And in light of our recent Math Field Day experience, I am certain they can relate.


A Black Hole is Not a Hole by Carolyn Cinami DeCristofano - Check back on Tuesday for my review of this book.

Forgive Me, I Meant to Do It: False Apology Poems by Gail Carson Levine; Illustrated by Matthew Cordell - Just in time for National Poetry Month.  I think students will be able to relate to these poems.


Bawk & Roll by Tammi Sauer; Illustrated by Dan Santat - This sequel to Chicken Dance is a fun one.  I love Santat's illustrations.


Jean Laffite: The Pirate Who Saved America by Susan Goldman Rubin; Illustrated by Jeff Himmelman - I didn't realize that there were Jewish Pirates with a particular grudge towards Spain.  I always learn something interesting reading Goldman Rubin's books.


Just Ducks! by Nicola Davies; Illustrated by Salvatore Rubbino - A sweet story about a little girl and the ducks that live near her home peppered with lots of duck facts.

So, what are you reading this week? 

This week is spring break and I am hoping to squeeze in several MG & YA novels.  What are your reading plans for the week? Please share! And remember to check in at Sheila's or Jen & Kellee's blog to see what they and others are reading!