Monday, December 3, 2012

It's Monday! What are you reading? From Picture Books to YA (46)

It's Monday! What are you reading? is hosted by Sheila of Book Journey. Jen & Kellee from Teach Mentor Texts have adapted this to focus on Picture Books to Young Adult Books.

My reading recently was influenced by Sunday's Nerdy Book Club nominations.  There were a few in the nonfiction picture book category and early reader that I hadn't found yet so I went in search of them.  Here are some of what I loved...


Rabbit and Robot: The Sleepover by Cece Bell - This one is laugh out loud funny.


Birds of a Feather by Bernadette Gervais - How did I miss this one?  I love this oversized nonfiction flap book.


Nic Bishop Snakes by Nic Bishop - This is really well done, and creepy in a really good way.


Teen Boat by Dave Roman and John Green - A graphic novel that needs to be read more than once to catch all of the references. Lots of fun.

Some other titles not on the Nerdies...


Little Cub by Olivier Dunrea - One of those really sweet books (child/parent type) and I just fell in love with it.


I Funny by James Patterson, Chris Grabenstein, and Laura Park - Fans of A Diary of a Wimpy Kid will love this one.

There were so many more but I am saving a few for Wednesday's Nonfiction Picture Book Post.

So what are you reading?