Monday, December 24, 2012

It's Monday! What are you reading? From Picture Books to YA


It's Monday! What are you reading? is hosted by Sheila of Book Journey. Jen & Kellee from Teach Mentor Texts have adapted this to focus on Picture Books to Young Adult Books.

I wasn't able to get a lot of reading in this past week but what I did read was very good.
 

When Thunder Comes: Poems for Civil Rights Leaders by J. Patrick Lewis; Illustrated by John Parra - A wonderful collection of poems about the men and women who have stood up for civil rights.


Twelve Kinds of Ice by Ellen Bryan Obed; Illustrated by Barbara McClintock - A beautiful book about winter and ice and ice skating with an old-timey feel.  I think this would be a nice read aloud.


Bad Kitty for President by Nick Bruel - I didn't get to this in time for the elections but did in time for voting for the Nerdy Book Awards.


Open This Little Book  by Jesse Klausmeier; Illustrated by Suzy Lee (release date January 1, 2013) - This comes out next week and I loved this book.  I don't want to spoil it so just find it and read it.

So, what are you reading?