Thursday, December 5, 2013

Book Review - Little Chicken's Big Christmas


by Katie Davis, Jerry Davis
Publisher: BoomZoom Media, LLC (December 1, 2013)
Source: Copy for Review
Audience: Toddlers and Preschoolers

My thoughts on this book:
I loved Little Chicken's Big Day by Katie Davis and Jerry Davis.  The refrain of "I hear you cluckin', Big Chicken" and the expressive illustrations that perfectly capture the relationship between mama and toddler captured my heart. When I heard Little Chicken was back to celebrate Christmas, I knew I had to read this book.

Little Chicken and his mother are getting ready for Christmas. It's a busy time of year. There is decorating, and cookie baking, and presents to wrap.  It is hard enough to wait for anything when you are a toddler, but waiting for Christmas to come can be the hardest thing to do.  



The illustrations in Little Chicken's Big Christmas shares the same crisp, clean, simple illustrations as Little Chicken's Big Day.   Despite the simplicity of the illustrations, there is a depth of emotion and feeling that comes through each page. I smile when I see Little Chicken smile, and when he frowns or yawns, I want to give him a hug.

Just as with the first story, toddlers and preschoolers are going to ask for the story to be read over and over again. I wouldn't be surprised if this time they also want to make cookies, decorate trees, and write letters for Santa. And just like Little Chicken, they are going to be asking...


Looking to pick up a copy of Little Chicken's Big Christmas: http://amzn.to/1dktx0S 

If you don't have a Kindle, you can still get it because there's a free Kindle for Mac app available right on that page which you can download for your iPad, laptop, or desktop.

Plus, if you buy it between Dec 5-12 and submit your receipt to support@katiedavis.com you will get a gift with every purchase: a downloadable Write Your Own Coloring Book version of the book!

Check out the Official Book Trailer:


Check out my interview with Katie and Jerry Davis here.