Monday, December 2, 2013

It's Monday! What are you reading? From Picture Books to YA - 12/2/13


It's Monday! What are you reading? is hosted by Sheila of Book Journey.  Jen from Teach Mentor Texts and Kellee from Unleashing Readers have adapted it to focus on Picture Books to Young Adult Books.

For the past several weeks, I have been doing several different kinds of posts and wanted to get back to my regular Monday posts.  I have recently been on an audiobook 

Here's what jumped out from the stack recently...


Courage Has No Color: The True Story of the Triple Nickles: America's First black Paratroopers by Tanya Lee Stone (Candlewick Press, January 22, 2013) - If you are following the Nerdies, and need to read this one. How about trying this one out as an audiobook?  I highly recommend it.


From Norvelt to Nowhere by Jack Gantos (Farrar, Strauss, & Giroux, September 24, 2013) - I listened to Dead End in Norvelt and knew that I wanted to listen to book two.  I think I might have loved this one even more than the first one.  I laughed so hard through this one.


Far, Far Away by Tom McNeal (Knopf Books for Young Readers, June 11, 2013) - This was my pick for my book club.  I think the audiobook took this one to the next level.  One of my favorite reads of 2013, and also on the Nerdies list.


A Snicker of Magic by Natalie Lloyd (Scholastic Press, February 25, 2014) - I received this ARC at NCTE '13.  It just screamed to be read. I loved this one. Add it to your TBR list for 2014. 


Twelve Days of Christmas by Susan Jeffers (HarperCollins, September 1, 2013) - I am not a huge Twelve Days of Christmas fan but I loved Jeffers illustrations and enjoyed this retelling.


The Noisy Paint Box: The Colors and Sounds of Kandinsky's Abstract Art  by Barb Rosenstock; Illustrated by Mary GrandPré (Alfred A. Knopf, February 11, 2014) - This picture book biography about Kandinsky is a must read in 2014. Rosenstock and GrandPré has a hit on their hands.


Under the Snow by Melissa Stewart (Peachtree Publishers, 2009) - This one is an older read but what a wonderful book.

So, what are you reading?