Monday, December 23, 2013

It's Monday! What are you reading? - From Picture Books to YA - 12/23/13

It's Monday! What are you reading? is hosted by Sheila of Book Journey.  Jen from Teach Mentor Texts and Kellee from Unleashing Readers have adapted it to focus on Picture Books to Young Adult Books.

Here's what jumped out of the stack this past week...


Water Can Be... by Laurie Purdie Salas (Millbrook Press, April 1, 2014) - This follow up to A Leaf Can Be... is just as charming.  Put it on your "to-read" list for 2014.


Tea Party Rules by Ame Dyckman; Illustrated by K.G. Campbell (Viking Juvenile, October 3, 2013) - I finally found a copy of Ame's new book.  What a fun story, and I love bears.

 
Red Knit Cap Girl to the Rescue by Naoko Stoop (November 5, 2013, Little, Brown Books for Young Readers) - For fans of the Red Knit Cap Girl, she is back and this time comes to the aid of a polar bear cub.


A Big Guy Took My Ball by Mo Willems (Disney-Hyperion, May 21, 2013) - I somehow missed this book when it came out earlier in the year but finally corrected that oversight.



Poppy the Pirate Dog by Liz Kessler; Illustrated by Mike Phillips (Candlewick Press, Auugust 27, 2013) - I always have my eye out for early readers.  This one was on the holiday recommendation table at Vroman's. It's a cute story.


Bink and Gollie: Best Friends Forever by Kate DiCamillo, Alison McGhee; Illustrated by Tony Fucile (Candlewick, April 23, 2013) - I had this on my radar earlier in the year and somehow missed it when it came out.  I had to buy it when I was hanging out at Vroman's this past week. And though I love Book 2 the best, I still adore Bink and Gollie.


Stop by later this week for my Nonfiction Picture Book 2013 wrap-up and see some of the titles I have been reading.

So, what are you reading?