Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Thirty Days of Thanksgiving - Day 12


Some days I have to think a little harder about what I am thankful for.  There is always the obvious - I am alive, healthy, and employed. Those should never be taken for granted.  I am always thankful for the time I spend with good friends and family.  And of course, if there isn't some kind of crisis at work, then I am extra thankful. I guess being thankful for an ordinary day is not a bad thing. 

So, today, I am grateful for the ordinary.

....and since this is also picture book month, here is my daily picture book recommendation which reminds me that ordinary days are just fine:


Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day
by Judith Viorst; Illustrated by Ray Cruz
Atheneum Books for Young Readers (1987)