Saturday, November 9, 2013

Thirty Days of Thanksgiving - Day 9


It's late but I am determined to get something up.  Today was a very special day and I have lot to share but here are some of the quick things that I am thankful for.

This morning I attended the Children's Literature Council's Fall Gala and got to hear Linda Sue Park.  Her presentation was warm and inspiring. Simply, she was marvelous as a speaker.



I was excited to get A Long Walk to Water signed by her.


Then in the late afternoon and early evening, I went to see The Book Thief movie with several friends.  I know that often books to movies are not well done, but this one was a strong movie and I do hope more people will pick up this fabulous book to read.

....and since this is also picture book month, here is my daily picture book recommendation.  It is in honor of Linda Sue Park's new picture book:


by Linda Sue Park; Illustrated by Matt Phelan
Clarion Books (September 3, 2013)

Watch the book trailer for Xander's Panda Party:


What are you thankful for?