Friday, November 22, 2013

Thirty Days of Thanksgiving - Days 20, 21 and 22


Yes, I have gotten behind.  I will blame travel and NCTE.  So here is what I am thankful for...

...safe travels from Los Angeles to Boston.

...opportunities to be re-energized by all of the great conversations here at NCTE.

...my presentation that went well and we received positive feedback. 

...the Heinemann Breakfast that was a tribute to Don Graves.

...making new friends, meeting tweeps for the first time (Cathy Mere, Deb Frazier, Gigi McAllister, Holly Mueller, and so many more), reconnecting with tweeps I have met before (Jen Vincent, Beth S., Donalyn, Paul, Colby, Katherine, Cindi, Teresa, Cynthia and so many more), .

...meeting so many wonderful authors and illustrators - some I have known (Dan Santat, Jenni Holms, Kirby Larson, Peter Brown, Beck McDowell, Christina Diaz Gonzalez, Mitali Perkins) and some that I met for the very first time (Matt de la Peña, Louise Borden, Gae Polisner, Lynda Mullay Hunt, Martha Brockenbrough, Erin Downing Soderberg, and I am certain I am missing more).

And for all of this and more, I am thankful.