Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Thirty Days of Thanksgiving - Day 19


Today I am a bit frazzled.  It's normally that way as I am about to leave town.  I love going somewhere new but I don't really love the pre-travel prep or the actual traveling.  I am really hoping that they develop some form of instant transportation or teleportation in the future.  And  I am always surprised that I don't leave more things that I need at home especially since I am usually packing at the last minute.  However, I am checked in for my flight.  Somehow, I will be packed and ready to leave when my friend picks me up to go to the airport.  I still have to decide which books that I am going to take with me across country. And I am trying not to look at my presentation any more because if I do, I will likely change something again.

Regardless of the pre-travel anxiety, I am really thankful to have this opportunity to travel across the country and attend the National Council of Teachers of English (NCTE) Annual Convention.  And if you are at NCTE '13, please say "hi".

....and since this is also picture book month, and with an eye towards Thanksgiving, here is my daily picture book recommendation:


'Twas the Night Before Thanksgiving
by Dav Pilkey 
Scholastic, 1990