Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Thirty Days of Thanksgiving - Days 24, 25, 26, and 27


It appears that I have gotten really, really behind with these posts but I have good excuses.  And I am very thankful for so much.

On Sunday, November 24th (Day 24), I met up with several former roommates, their husbands, and a few other friends from when I lived in Amherst.  We met in Waltham, Massachusetts for dinner.  It was so nice to see them.  Some I haven't seen in 10 or 12 years, and a few others I haven't seen in 20 years.  Those friends will always hold a very special place in my heart no matter how infrequent we see each other. 

On Monday, November 25th (Day 25), I enjoyed the first day of ALAN.  Hanging with Nerdy Book Club friends and listening to authors - how much better can life get.  I wrapped up the day having dinner with Beth Shaum and Kellie Celia from Walden Pond Press.  I am thankful for how books have brought me into contact with some very wonderful people.

On Tuesday, November 26th (Day 26),  I celebrated my final day at NCTE/ALAN.  It was sad to say bye to all those wonderful people, but I was excited to move on to my next leg of the journey.  After renting a car, I spent 5+ hours on the road driving from Boston to my parents' home in Connecticut. Traffic was extremely slow, and the weather wasn't great, but I was thankful for safe travel, a good audiobook, rain and not ice and snow.

And that brings us to today, Wednesday, November 27th (Day 27), I spent the day with my family and preparing for Thanksgiving.

And for all of these things, I am very grateful.

...and in honor of Picture Book Month, here is my recommendation:


by  Diane Mayr; Illustrations by Laura Rader
Walker Books for Young Children (2007)