Saturday, November 2, 2013

Thirty Days of Thanksgiving - Day 2


One of the things that I took for granted when I lived in New England was how amazing the leaves were in the fall.  Since I moved to California, I have learned to be much more appreciative of what few deciduous trees we have in Pasadena. 

Today as I was driving along Sierra Madre Boulevard, I was thankful for whoever decided to plant lots of them along the sides of this road.  For a minute, I forgot I was in Southern California and thought I was transported back to New England.  I took a moment to share with my 7 year old niece, in the back seat, why I was thankful for the colored leaves. 

Somehow, I need to go back and get a photo of those gorgeous leaves to keep reminding me of why I am so thankful.

....and since this is also picture book month, here is my daily picture book recommendation:


by Laura Malone Elliott
Illustrated by Lynn Munsinger
Katherine Tegen Books (August 27, 2013)

What are you thankful for?