Sunday, November 3, 2013

Thirty Days of Thanksgiving - Day 3


Independent Bookstores! Yep, that's what I am very thankful for today.  I am especially lucky that I have several in close proximity to home and work.  I am fully aware that some people do not even have one near them.  I do my best to support as many of these indies so that they will continue to be around.

Here are just two of my favorites - I love Maureen Palacio, Kris Vreeland and the rest of the staff at Once Upon a Time Bookstore in Montrose, California.  OUaT is small but has incredible author events and the best service.


My other frequent bookstore hangout is Vroman's Bookstore in Pasadena.  It's been around for 120 years and it has an incredibly large children's and young adult section.  A definite must visit if you come to Pasadena.



....and since this is also picture book month, here is my daily picture book recommendation:



created/illustrated by Bill Thomson
Two Lions (November 5, 2013)

This is Thomson's follow-up to CHALK.  It is wonderful, and it comes out on Tuesday.  Quick, go order it! :-)   

What are you thankful for?