Thursday, March 20, 2014

Slice of Life - Random Writing

Slice of Life is hosted by Two Writing Teachers on Tuesdays.  For the month of March, I am participating in the March Challenge by posting a slice daily.
_________________________________________________

I tried to write this post last night. No luck. Thought I would try first thing in the morning. Still no luck. Even tried brainstorming with a friend. Yeah, that wasn't happening either.  Decided to change locations.  Figuring that a new space with different energy might produce some creative ideas. Not sure this is working either.  My brain is functioning more like a dog's mind must work. "Squirrel. Squirrel." And off I go...but my squirrels look more like this...

There is an elderly woman and her daughter having brunch in the booth across from me.  The daughter's voice keeps drifting over to me. I have a feeling she is speaking louder so that her mother can hear her.  Unfortunately, my hearing is fine and I am eavesdropping without intention.

My mind keeps wondering what happened to some of my clothes.  I know all about happily matched socks going into the drier and coming out swinging singles, but I have a running list of missing clothes, a pair of sweats, a black v-neck t-shirt, a maroon sweater.  The list keeps growing as I think about an article of clothing that I want to wear and then cannot find. Since they are all dark, I am assuming that they must be together.  But after sorting drawers and closets yesterday, where can they be hiding out? Note to self: Stop by Target to pick up a new black v-neck t-shirt. 

I look down at my jeans.  These are a new pair of jeans that I decided to wear today.  I chuckle to myself because I am just in the in-between height for pant length.  I am not really the petite height for pant length, but neither do I fit average length.  So as I look down at this ankle length pants in average, I realize that they are closer to the correct length for me if I was looking for full length.

As I realize that today is Thursday, I need to take a look at my vacation "to-do" list and see what is still left and what I will or won't get to finish. I always list more than I can really accomplish in a week.  I also need to think about what I am going to need to do to prep for going back to work. Out comes my notepad so that I can jot down stray thoughts.

While writing things down, I realize I need to play more with my new camera.  I have been wanting a digital SLR camera for a couple of years now but they can be expensive. Finally, I gave in and used a little of my tax refund to treat myself to one.  I am looking forward to learning more about the features and trying it out.

Hey, have you heard about this place called Wine & Canvas?  A friend mentioned it to me this morning.  Some other friends took her there for her birthday.  I guess you drink wine, chat with friends and get a painting lesson.  Now, I have little to no artistic ability, but I love the idea of Wine and Writing? Can I set up some place where a group of friends can go, share some wine, and maybe tapas, and write with friends? That would be super cool. I could easily make that a monthly habit.

Okay, my random writing is coming to an end. I really do have to get to Target for that t-shirt and then meet up with friends for lunch.